Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Survey

Both my mom and Danielle sent this to me so I thought I'd post. Copy and paste on yours or leave a few comments!!

------------------------------------------------------------

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For Christmas I like to wrap presents so the kids have something to rip open. I like it to color coordinate also and it's harder to match gift bags.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I like the smell and idea of getting a real tree, but practically speaking we have a decent artificial. I also like to keep it up from Thanksgiving to New Years!

3. When do you put up the tree? day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? No! My husband does though!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? That's so hard. The very first thing that popped into my mind was a fisher price kitchen with all the play food. I think I played with it for a couple years. Either that or I always asked for a new doll of some sort.

7. Hardest person to buy for? my husband's siblings

8. Easiest person to buy for? my kids

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, it's a knock off version of the willow tree simple set. I'd eventually like to have that.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail of course!

11.. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? There is no such thing!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation! gotta love Chevy Chase. Love Actually is a very close 2nd.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In October but I actually enjoy shopping during the holiday season with the crowds and stores decorated!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas Present? not unless it was a duplicate

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? special xmas cookies or treats

16. Lights on the tree? Right now they are all white, non-blinking. Val asked for colored AFTER we decorated the tree, so next year maybe we'll just load it with colored lights like a big gumdrop!

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

18. Do you travel or stay home at Christmas? changes every year. We are about done traveling for a loooong time though so if you want to see us, you can come to our new house next year!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? of course! However I read Val Twas the Night before Christmas year round.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel. We got it at an antique shop in my hometown.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Growing up we were allowed one gift on xmas eve, the rest xmas morning. I think here we are going to let them open new pj's and maybe slippers/socks every year on xmas eve and the rest on xmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Usually I'd just say the increased lines/crowds while shopping but this year it is being homesick for the USA!

23. What theme or color are you using? I don't really have a theme. Our tree has red cranberries in a grapevine garland and red ribbon swagged around it.. but my living room has red curtains so it's just that I like red ;) However we are fans of homemade noodle wreath ornaments and the silly hallmark ones as well.

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? This year I'm feeling like either italian (duh.. but like a lasagna or something) or mexican/enchilades. The last few times we were with my parents we went out for chinese before church. That would work too!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a watch (Ellie flushed mine down the toilet in Rome), a new pr of boots, or some caleca dishes to replace my slowly chipping set I got at the market.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

No comments: