Monday, December 8, 2008

Italian villa photo shoot

This weekend I took some photos for our friends Ryan and Lovie and their two little boys. I've always wanted to take pictures up on the hillside at this big estate type place, but was nervous to trespass. Luckily, there were people in the yard when we pulled up and I just asked them super nicely if we could use their yard for photos and they said, "Si!" It was great!
After we move and I have everything established I will be changing my blog. I have yet to determine if I will combine my professional photography blog with my personal blog. What do you think? I have seen it done both ways, and have to admit that those photographer's whom I admire most and would most love to have take photos of my own family combine their personal stories with their professional shoots. I think it shows both sides to the photographer's personality and allows you to see who the person truly is behind the camera. Great photos happen, in my opinion, when there is a connect between the photographer and the subject and it's very important to atleast agree with the photographer's style and vision to get what you want. For now it's chaos, a little of this and a little of that. That's what I've got for now. :)


5 comments:

The Monahans said...

I LOVE the pictures of Lovie & family...great job! I also like the professional photography websites that have personal blog stuff mixed in...My friend got pregnancy pics and sent the link and I spent an hr. or so just reading the photographer's blog:
http://www.lifeographer.com/blog/2008

Fit Dani said...

Is that the same place that I had Erin bring us. Isnt it perfect for photos! Id have to say if its not that place was a great pic . Your so talanted! Cant wait to see you IL when I visit!

Deb Coe said...

Love that one pic of Kylan peeking between their legs - how priceless!!!!!

Hi to Julie and Danielle!!!

:)

Jim said...

Wish we still lived there so you could take some photos of our family. You are so talented!

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Great pictures....Love the last one! SO sweet.

I have been trying to decide about the personal and Professional blogs too. Combine or not. hard choice.