Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A little randomness..

Hello loved ones,

OY. This week has been an Oy, Oy, Oy week.

Ellie is cutting her molars and to put it frankly, I'd like to run away until they come in. Monday she was hanging onto me all day, crying and whining. I can't even go to the bathroom without her banging on the door sobbing. She screams at the top of her lungs if Valerie even touches one of her beloved Thomas trains (which are Valerie's btw, she just took them over). As I'm writing this, she just went outside in her pj's (footies) and is splashing in the puddles and mud in the backyard. Oh the fun of having a 20 month old! This stage just simply drives me insane as their big emotions and new found independence are almost too much for them to handle. I realize in my head that she doesn't yet have the words to express how she feels and probably feels faster than she can even process so the frustrations come out in screams, hitting, and driving us all bananas. I remember this with Val, and remember the joy when she was over it. This too shall pass, I must remember, but I will admit to also wishing some days I wasn't pg so that I could drink some wine when she went to bed. ;)

Here is an example of her new found independence: She is loving Dora and Elmo these days, and took all of Valerie's Dora underwear. Luckily Val doesn't care. She's apparently moved on to bigger and better things like sparkly princess underwear. However, Ellie will only pee in the potty after her bath (yay!) but wants to wear underwear on the OUTSIDE of her clothes every day. That's really a fashion statement. again. oy. The cranberries on the couch are garland for the xmas tree. .. we must have been decorating at the time.


Other than that we are doing alright. I am having serious frustrations trying to find a house that is affordable, in a good school district, that doesn't have 9-10K in taxes a year (hellllo craziness) or that isn't 2 hours out of Chicago. I have 3 or 4 on my list finally after hours of searching and hopefully my parents will tell me one of them is livable. If not, they will probably have 2, soon to be 3, little house guests for awhile :)

Baby Tre is doing alright in there so far. I have my next appt next Friday when I will be a few days shy of 12 weeks! Hard to believe isn't it? Time is flyin'! We aren't sure on any names yet, feel free to throw out a suggestion.

Ciao for now! Oh P.S. I am still addressing Christmas cards. I realize they take 2 weeks from Sicily, but we're a bit busy as you see. So you may get one after Christmas. :)

5 comments:

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

I just discovered your blog while researching Sicily/Sigonella. We are headed there next summer and can't wait. Love your photos and reading about your experiences in Sicily.

Fit Dani said...

I like the boy named TRE, Like trey .... I thought it was funny when you wrote baby tre I had to reread it over to figure out what you meant then I realived (numbero 3) HAHA. Im a nerd. Anyway! Love ya miss ya, and cute pics as always! Love the ouside of the cloth undies

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Oh my...so Amelia does the same thing with her underware....out side of the jammies. It cracks me up.

You need to move here to Michigan....we have a good school system and the area is really nice. :) Hint, hint. Oh and Downtown Chicago is a 1 1/2 hour drive from my doorstep....not bad. Have I sold you yet?

Also, sorry to hear about the fun teething issues. Not fun, I know how you feel....not fun.

Can't to hear about your appointment on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Val!! Merry Christmas!!

Where are you moving to, here in N.W. Indiana? We are always looking at the houses.....it's fun, and Jay hates it here.... e-mail me where....stay out of Lake County...LOL....I'd love Michigan, too.....hey, Tiff is there.

Kiss the kids for me.....Hugs!!

Oh, did I ever tell you that *Kathleen* is a pretty name?? Probably did, huh? LOL

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Ha ha ha it is somehow relieving to read your blog about life with a 20 month old. LOL He suddenly has so many opinions and so few words.
The other day I felt like all i did was follow 2 feet behind Benjamin all day stopping chaos in its tracks...... like some chaos stopping robot Mommy. As soon as I actually get him to sit still and go to sleep i collapse. My christmas cards are also running a bit late.

OMG!!!!! those family photo pics are AMAZING!!!! You are so talented!

Love Ya!