Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
pardon the blurry pics below, I didn't feel like getting out the tripod. you get the idea
Ellie's: (goofy face)
Val's: "Pumpkin kitty cat" It's hard to see but the eye cut outs were stuck on to make ears!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
We hope you are all enjoying a nice fall weekend! We are taking it easy this weekend, making the most of family time after a hectic and stressful week. This schedule we are on isn't working but we don't have much room to play with it, unfortunately. School, ballet, pwoc, etc. is all on Tues/Thurs and there is only one time, and one option on this base so you can't just choose another day! We just need to figure out a better strategy; for now we are lying on the couch like potatoes the next morning(s). :)
This morning we walked around Motta, the closest small town up on the hill from here. It's about a 20 minute drive. The town itself is very gritty and littered with trash. It is definitely not the cutest town but has a great little pastry shop that we like to buy treats from. The girls and I had cannoli's while Derrick tried some sort of pastries with meat/rice. I will miss those fresh bakery goodies! We ran some errands and bbq'd this evening. I think tomorrow we are going to call it a "stay in your sweats and watch tv/hang out" day & play hookie. We all need that once and awhile! mental health day, right?
Here are some photos from this morning of the girls in Motta.
Friday, October 17, 2008
1. I am double jointed, I suppose. I can move just the tips of my fingers and lock my knuckles. It freaks my husband out, love that.
2. I am a total girly girl. Some wouldn't know that since I live with a manly man these days. However I must drink coffee out of my pink coffee mug every day and love my pink heart key chain, and pink polka dot scarf tied onto my purse.
3. My secret dream is to be in a show on Broadway. I don't have the voice, the stage presence, or the location but it's the random dream you never really chase.
4. I absolutely love to cook. I spend time every day reading recipes, cookbooks, or food blogs. I rarely make the same recipe twice in a 4 month period unless we can't wait to eat it again! This did not used to be so. When we got married I probably made 3-4 things, no joke. I guess that is what living in a country with no take out does to ya!
5. Since moving here, I've become a pottery collector. I buy something every time I go to the market and have plans to buy more before we leave. It's the best souvenir from Italy, IMO.
6. I like kid cereals. Derrick eats Fiber One or something gross, but I still like my Lucky Charms or currently, PB Captain Crunch!
7. I love big storms. They fascinate me and I have been known to stand outside during tornado warnings to look for tornados. I would totally be out there with my camera.
8. I know how to sew but hate doing it. There are atleast 6-7 things sitting on my sewing machine that need to be fixed.
9. After only spending 9 days in person with my future husband, I packed up my stuff and moved across the country from Indiana to Texas to live with him. We met while visiting April on Spring Break (for those who haven't known me very long) and just talked on the phone for hours, one weekend visit, and 2 months later I was down there with no looking back! It's been almost 5 years so I think that was a good decision, although I'm sure my parents will tell you they thought I was insane. They met him the day I left in the uhaul!
10. My favorite city in the world is Chicago. Even after traveling to several in Europe. I would give my left arm for a piece of deep dish Chicago pizza right now. mmmmm
11. Speaking of travels, in the last 2 years I have been all over Sicily, Naples, Sorrento, Rome, Venice, Sienna, Cinque Terre, Austria, Garmisch, Munich, Barcelona, Nice, Merseilles. I feel like there's more. We still really want to see Ireland/Scotland and Paris but it's going to depend on when our orders show up.
12. In Derrick's words I drink, "cream with a little bit of coffee in it." every morning before I'm functional.
13. Every time we go out to eat in Sicily I have bruschetta as my antipasti. I judge restaurants on how good theirs is (can't be soggy, you know..) :)
Anyone who reads this who wants to. :) Kids are up now! gotta go!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I don't know if you can see the sign or not, but it says Kentucky Derby. I thought that was pretty funny, in Sicily!!
Walking out we let the kids ride one little kiddie ride, a train on a track. Val had her usual serious face while on the ride and Ellie was dancing and waving her arms around. It is so amusing to see their differences in every aspect of life!!
I know I'm not in any, but I'm always holding the camera. I think Jen has a shot of all 4 of us, i'll have to post that later. Ciao!