Friday, December 19, 2008

Ha. I spoke too soon.

Geeeeeze!!!!

There was another offer submitted at the same time as ours (who said this was a buyer's market.. because so far every house I've had any interest in flies off the listings..). Apparently ours was higher, they countered to their terms and we accepted so we could be done with this fiasco. Poor Derrick has been running back and forth to work to use the scanner and phone (our phone line is also dead.) The italians say, "Va Bene!" (it's all good..) but we say no dude.. it's not all good... our phone hasn't been working for 2 weeks!!! Anyhow it is nearly 3:40 am here and we are still up. We had both accepted our terms, we signed the contract, scanned it back, the sellers had it, I was to mail the check in the morning.

I just got an email saying the first people showed back up and 'raised their offer significantly.' GREAT. I'll keep you posted. I am sure hating this house buying business.

On a good note.. baby #3 is well.. will post u/s pics tmrw. I am measuring an entire week behind what I thought I was, so there is some iffiness there as to my due date but healthy it seems.

ciao!

4 comments:

April Stilwell said...

Linds- I always measured a week behind with Sydnee too. Then by around 32 weeks she ended up measuring 2 weeks ahead!!

Andrea Clayton said...

Ahhh the joys of buying a house. I remember it well. Plus, if you are in a Military (transient) area it makes it that much harder because people are constantly coming and going. Don't worry though, it will all come together. Yes, don't get too excited about any of it until contracts are officially accepted by all parties and a few days go by. This could happen several times before you get something.

As for baby #3. As long as everything is healthy no worries. My dates with Jacob were a week off after all but then he wound up being born a couple days after his original due date so go figure?

Lindsay said...

As for the house, we were just very frustrated because on our end we thought everything WAS signed by both parties. I guess as they were signing the other contract the other offer came in so we had to counter. We'll see who wins today!

I worry a little about dates because w/ a c-sect they schedule it for 39 and I don't want it to be too early, although both of the girls came well before that!

Deb Coe said...

Ahhhhhh..... a nail-biting day, I fear!!!!

This honks me off - I thought that once they had signed your offer, it was a done deal. Darn it! Please keep us posted!

Glad to hear that baby Tre is looking good. That's what really matters right now!!!!

love you!