Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is coming..

the goose is getting fat! (Is that how it goes? random.)

We have been so busy this year with Christmas parties, house stuff, and work stuff! This coming weekend we plan on staying home together and enjoying some of the Christmas things we haven't had much time to do yet. Valerie and I plan on making our first gingerbread house and we may venture up to Etna to let them play in the snow depending on the weather. Some days the whole mountain is covered in it, and other days it looks iffy.
Last Friday, we went to Derrick's command Christmas party. I will take any chance I can get for a date night with my hubby and we had a great time! It was at a large italian restaurant/hall out in town and we had the typical 4 course italian meal of antipasti, pasta, meats, and cake. Derrick even won a door prize, an XBox 360-- of which I only play pacman on thus far, but what a cool gift! Our sitter took a photo for us before we left.

Saturday we finished up our xmas shopping, went to an open house, a birthday party, and a party at church! It was a very busy day. Sunday after church we layed around in sweats, strung popcorn for the tree, and watched Christmas movies. My favorite being the Chevy Chase, "Christmas Vacation" and Derrick's is always "A Christmas Story." I think he secretly wants a bb gun.
I don't have any pictures without Ellie holding a cheeto. It's an obsession, and if she's at a party with an open bowl, she will have one in her hand until we leave. Anyway, Lovie bought this adorable sweater for her at a craft fair several weeks ago and I had to show it to you! It's handmade.. and adorable, I think!

looking trendy in her Zara dress and boots!

Incase you forgot, she's 3. lolVal's ballet recital is tomorrow.. be prepared for pics and hopefully video!! :)

3 comments:

Sarah Lough said...

What cute pics! I love your and Val's dresses. Where did you get hers?
My husband is sooo jealous of Derrick's door prize. He's hoping Santa will bring him one. :)
Thanks for posting in all your craziness this week!

Lindsay said...

Thanks Sarah!

Mine is a $19 old navy maternity dress that I wear to any function when I'm pg.. lol :) Val's is from Zara .. I hadn't heard of that store before moving here but it's world wide, mostly in the cities. We have one in our little Sicily mall down the road.

Fit Dani said...

that dress is totally cute!
yall look so fancy shamcy ... vals hair si getting long she is growing up and E is growing so fast! miss u