Sunday, June 8, 2008

Trip to the store..

It's started to hit me that we could very well have less than a year here and I'm starting to randomly take photos of the common things around here. In 10 years, when the girls are older, I want to be able to show them things like street signs, the restaurant we always ate at, and so forth. I realize now I usually only take photos of our big trips so I am starting to practice and make it a habit. Obviously there is nothing artistic or special about these photos but I thought I'd share what 'real' Sicily looks like. These were taken on my drive up the hill to Castorama to buy a few flowers for my flower boxes this afternoon.




This is the closest town to us, Motta. It's about 20 mins up- It sits high on a hill and has an old castle, which I believe you can't go in. As you can see the fields of green flowers are now dead, dry grasses and weeds. Such a difference a month makes.
Cacti everywhere. Sort of like our old home in good old Texas.

This is Motta Hill. Or atleast that's what all of the American's call it.. it's the steep hill in Motta that if you're in a manual car is very scary for the passengers.


My favorite store- Castorama. It's basically like a Home Depot or Lowes in the US. I go there for flowers, paint, and any time I'm extremely bored. It's in the country basically but randomly next to a huge mall that is very modern (will have to show you pics of that place too soon.) It opened just shortly before we moved here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the scenic pics! Hopefully, you can get in one of the cows in the road,and also the mall - I love that they have the shopping carts and those cool escalators so you can take your cart from level to level (remember our little accident though, with the stroller and the cakes rolling off and down the escalator???LOL. That was WILD!).

:)
Mom/Grandma Deb

Anonymous said...

I love reading in your blog, Lindsay! :-)

Kiss/hug the girls.....:-)