Sunday, June 22, 2008

here are the rest---

This is my favorite picture ever and so accurately describes the dynamic in this house. Notice how Valerie is glaring at Ellie, who is crying because she can't reach the cake.

Getting my birthday kisses from Val-Val

Sadly I forgot to make a wish this year before blowing out my candle. See below for cake explanation.
So you might be wondering why I have a #1 candle on my cake. That's because I AM #1 ;) No really.. I forgot to buy a candle and that's all we had from Ellie's bday. Oh well. What are you gonna do. I'll just tell my kids later it's because I'm the #1 Mom and they better remember that.
Kylan and Lovie- Kylan and Ellie both decided to rub frosting all over their heads. Somehow I didn't get a picture of that. Lovie has become such a great friend to me as we have so much in common (her hubby is in Iraq!) and can really lean on each other for support.

Linds and Lovie at Cavaliere's- It's a restaurant in Motta (the tiny town up on the hill with the castle) where you eat outdoors on a patio .. nice atmosphere and inexpensive. I wish I had taken pics before it got dark but the three of us like to talk and somehow sat there until 12:30 before realizing we were waaaayy passed our mama bed times! Jannelle and Lindsay- Jannelle has been coaching me on learning new photography skills and dealing with my silly rookie questions all the time. She's so wonderfully talented and a great friend to me-


On a very side note. I was wearing a sundress although you can usually see about 2" of it in each photo. Not a fantastic choice to wear for taking pictures but I assure you it doesn't look as hideous in real life. ;)

Ciao bellas!


4 comments:

Jim said...

Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Linds - you look hot in those pics!!! You go, girl!!!!!!! :)

I agree the shot of Val looking sideways and El in your lap crying is priceless.

Lovie and Jannelle - sorry I spelled your names incorrectly before; I just noticed ;o

Hope it was a great night and that you felt it was a good birthday. Looks like you had some fun. Nice job on the cake decorating, Val!!!

Hugs,
Mom/Grandma Deb

Anonymous said...

I have always thought you are so pretty Lindsay! You really are!!

I too, love that shot of Val looking at her sister that way. It's great!! :-)

Hugs!!!

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay! :D
I hope your year is filled with much love, success, good health, and joy.

Looks like you had a great one this year. You look FANTASTIC!

I am glad you got to go out for a bit with the grown up girls too :)