Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...

happy birthday to me.. happy birthday dear lindsay.. happy birthday to me ;) The big 26!!

I had a fantastic birthday today.. thanks to my cutie pie girls and wonderful friends. I told Valerie yesterday that my birthday was today and that she could be in charge of the cake. Of course that is the best part to her so she said, "My make mommy cake. My like PINK! strawberry cake. ooooh with princess sprinkles. princess party?" So we bought some princess sugar decorations and she did it all by herself. I was so impressed that she placed them pretty evenly spaced around the cake .. I think a few months ago even she would have bunched them all together on one side. Just the little things you notice as they mature.. awe. ;)

Lovie brought her little boy Kylan over and they joined us in eating birthday cake so the kiddos felt part of the fun. Then our sitter came over to watch them and I went to dinner out in town with Lovie and Jannelle. I feel so blessed to have such amazing friendships here. I was sad to have Derrick gone today but am honestly only just focusing on the fact that he is going to be home in a few short weeks and we can celebrate then! Here are a few pics for now.. will shoot some more up tmrw. I'm finally winding down and ready for bed! G'nite!

She thinks she's the next food network chef.. could be... ay? We actually just ordered her a toy kitchen for her birthday because she loves to cook so much.

it's my party and i'll cry if i want to.. someone was mad that she couldn't stick her fingers in the cake before our friends arrived
lately they have been playing so well together.. a rare moment of quiet captured on camera!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!The pics make my day...you are a very talented photographer and I cannot thank you enough for taking time to post .....love you...grandma june

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDS.....
I hope it was fantastic
KATHY ALLEN

Anonymous said...

Loved these pics - Ellie crying over the cake is pretty priceless, ya gotta admit :0 And the one of Val draped over her chair is adorable.

Thanks!!! Hope you had a great time out with Lovey and Janelle. You sure as heck deserve it!!!!!

love you.....Mom

p.s. - sorry abut the anon. posts - have to set up a new account; it won't recognize my old password. Prob. has something to do with changing email addresses???

Anonymous said...

Wow, I now have your b-day on the calender missy.......LOL....Now your Uncle Jay & I will call when your in the states and sing to you someday!! LOL

As always.....excellent pictures!! Kiss the girls for me!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Jules does the same thing when she's organizing items; lines them up. Val's dress is adorable and love her little pinky standing up while laying in her chair! Ellie's croc tears are priceless- great photo!

Happy Birthday Linds!

Allie said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay, how did I miss it?

You look fantastic and I wish you every happiness for this year and all your many many after :)