Monday, June 16, 2008

Cleaning Frenzy

Happy belated Father's day to all those Dad's out there!

I've been cleaning like mad the last day or so. For some reason us wives have this obession with making everything spotless before our husbands come home.. we all do it. why?? Today the girls helped me do some yardwork and vacuum out the van. It is always a nice treat to find melted m&m's and month-old chicken nuggets under the carseat! mmmm

Ellie is really getting into books right now. She constantly has a book in her hand and wants to bring one in the car, in the stroller,etc. Valerie was very much the same at that age. A whole new world seems to open up after you turn one! Val has been climbing on the pbk chairs and making forts while I scrubbed down the kitchen. Here are a few pics of our 'normal life.'

P.S. I will also throw down there a couple pics from yesterday--- I was chatting with D online when Ellie woke up from her nap. I was just sitting here typing while Ellie was playing behind me on the patio with sidewalk chalk (it's literally 2 feet from my chair here). I turned around to watch her full out run and jump into her wading pool with her church dress on!! Silly girl. I snapped a couple pictures for the memory -


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

Andrea Clayton said...

Awwww, it made for such a cute picture though :)

Anonymous said...

So Stinkin' Adorable! I love the last pic of Ellie. What a doll. Sounds like something my kids would do. Maybe that's why they get along so well!? Can't wait to come visit!
LOL I got my first "Going to Italy to visit the Powell's" paycheck from working at my moms.
$49.17 Woo Hoo! I've got a LONG way to go. :)
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love that last pic of Ellie, too - how great that you remember to grab the camera for these little kodak moments!!!!!!

Remember when you and Chris used to rearrange the furniture to make "forts"???? How cute to see Val doing that!!

I laugh about cleaning out the car, because I tried to take the lazy way out after having Val and Ellie in my car all last month. I found chicken nuggets, french fries, little bunny crackers, skittles, fun fruits, and more..... and begged the dog to get in there and eat it, lol.....but she wouldn't do it, the stinker!!!!! ha ha ha - I guess she thinks she's too good for stale kids' leftovers!!!

love,
Mom