Thursday, June 12, 2008

Care for a drink?

OHhhh I would. I haven't posted in a couple days because things haven't been so great around here lately. I figured I'd post today though, because this blog is about our *real* life, not just the good parts right? That'd be one sided and false.

So Valerie, as I've written about numerous times, has had serious issues going to bed since D left. It has gotten progressively worse as each month goes by and Daddy doesn't show up at night. She outright goes like the energizer bunny at this point until she just passes out wherever she's at. Last night, she was upstairs jumping on the bed, banging her feet against the wall, reading books, singing songs, turning the light on and off, jumping in her sister's crib (Which btw.. is now down the hall so she has SOME peace) and so forth until about 11:30pm. I passed out on the couch waiting for her to wind down up there and I woke up around 11:30/12 to find her crumped in a ball in her pottery barn chair in the living room next to me. I just left her there. She woke up this morning before me; however, and proceeded to push a kitchen chair to the front door, take off the safety chain AND the deadbolt (what other options do I have, people??) and walked down the street with both dogs. The clicker is, she was butt naked other than a tutu. I started *screaming* and she came running down the street -thank god- but we did have to drive around for awhile to get the stupid dogs back. Always fun to see your neighbors with just-slept-in hair, pj's/no bra and mascara under your eyes.

I went to call a friend to vent only to find out that we had no phone. OHHh yes. Guess who forgot to pay the phone bill before I left for vaca so being months late, it was shut off. On the way into the gate at NAS 2 to go pay it, the security guy tells me that I have a flat tire. I sure do. Maybe I'll just leave it in the driveway for a few weeks and refuse to leave. I'm done. pardon the typing. spell check and grammar are for sane people.

care to join me for a margarita?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! LOL

What would Super Nanny do with Val? LOL...Hmmmm...As for what I would have probably done with all those games she is playing at bed time, in the days when we were able to use the belts........well, yep, I would have used the white belt I kept on the back of the couch! LOL.....seems like we got the belt......rarely.....we are fine......and you really never had to use it all that much, because you knew you WOULD get it......LOL...I am not saying to do that Lindsay, but kids are so smart....they KNOW what gets you and she knows what she can get away with from you. Do you ever watch Super Nanny? I do....LOL....yep, even with not kids......I guess she is good for this age in time when the spanking is not allowed.....But to tell you the truth, I say a good swat, is good for the soul!!

Now with the door thingy.....WOW.....I don't know...Spank harder??.....LOL.....Hugs!!!!

I used to love margarita's!! Have one for me!! XOXO

Lindsay said...

believe me.. i've done that. .. well with a hand, not a belt. she had about 4 spankings the other day. it isn't working because it's not really deviance against bed time.. it's the fear of missing daddy which overrides any punishment. I think we'll just ride it out.. only 2 more weeks or so left!

Lindsay said...

I can't figure out how to moderate/edit comments.. so I'll just add to that one. I wrote that comment super fast while talking on the phone so I wanted to clarify. I am not completely against spanking if it is necessary, but I do think most times it isn't. I have only resorted to that because it is as much a safety issue (her getting up/out the door) as it is a obedience issue. That said, I do usually side with super nanny and the timeouts on the step for 1 min,etc. That usually works in our house. I don't really have any discipline issues other than the bedtime/waiting for daddy thing.. and she didn't do this at my parents last month. SO .. that is why I will just wait it out. I believe it'll sort of subside once she feels secure and her family is intact once again. cross your fingers that he's home sooner than later ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I knew what ya meant......Poor little thing...It's kinda like this durn dog.....LOL.....they do it so different now.....used to be training with corrections, but now it's all reward, reward......LOL.....so, you just hang in there.....I DO hope time goes faster for her daddy to get home.......Hugs to you!!

Kudos Super Nanny!!!!LOL

Anonymous said...

Other options!!!!
You do have other options. A product I saw on HGTV called "Lock Jaw" actually can prevent toddlers from leaving the house without supervision. It works for us. We have a pool and are always worried that our daughter is going to get out by accident and something tragic happen. The company's website is www.lockjawsecurity.com. Oh, BTW, the product works by securing your deadbolt.

Jennifer Aitchison said...

You are a strong, smart, good Mama!
You must be feeling pretty tested right now. I can SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO relate. Maybe something is in the air lately. LOL
As long as poor little Val is not getting sleep she is going to act out during the day and any punishment is pretty much useless since her behavior is based on exhaustion. What a tough spot for you to be in. Everything will be alright sweet Cousin. She has to fall asleep SOME TIME right? :D LOL

You know, I am a big fan of Co- Sleeping, but I know it's not for everyone. It was so smart of you to move Ellie... Have you thought of maybe camping out in Vals room for a couple nights. One night next to her, next by the door, next in the hall? Then back into your own room?
Besides, it's a great excuse to go to bed early for a few nights. :) I am sure you need it... I know I do! LOL

Love Jen