Monday, June 8, 2009

almost there!

Tomorrow I am 36 weeks!!! It is amazing to think that at this point almost 4 years ago, I had Valerie. She was 5 lbs 14 oz (although they did give me steroids at 32 b/c they knew she'd be early). I am so curious to see how big this one is, as Val and Ellie were pretty much on the same growth track and still are.

I go in on Thurs for another appt and u/s to check on everything. I'll update then. As of now, my csect is scheduled for 7/6 but that is basically my due date, so he says to just come in if I go into labor. At a routine appt with Eleanor, they checked me to find out I was already at 4cm and wasn't even in labor, so I am a bit worried still of not even catching it and having this kid in the car. My parents are 2 hours away, I don't know anyone here yet, and we are atleast 30 mins from the hospital with no traffic. arhghhh!! I am going to ask him to start checking me this week so hopefully we'll keep an eye on things.

This past week we went through a 2 day New Member's class at our new church, First Presbyterian in Libertyville! We love it there and are so excited to meet new friends, both for us and the kids. That took up most of our weekend. Friday we did take a break to take the girls on a paddle boat around our local forest preserve. The girls had a blast!! It was so peaceful. We saw otters, turtles, ducks, fish, and birds!!

Saturday we did find the girls some new beds for their 'big girl room' that they are happy to be sharing these days. We do have 4 BR but decided that while they are young and actually *want* to share, we'll keep the 4th as a guest room and make it easier when friends and family come to visit! Later when they are older, we will just have to get rid of it or turn the play room over the garage into a guest room. SO come visit! :) (after my c-section has healed and we're a bit settled though ... :) )

I promise to take more pictures, and will soon have pics of the girls' rooms up also. We're waiting for their new beds to be delivered next week and still have to paint Maddie's room. We plan to tackle that tonight. Enjoy your week!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Sounds like you are getting settled Lindsay. I hope you are feeling ok. Pay attention to your body and trust your instincts :) How exciting, you guys will have another little baby. Can't wait to meet the new member of our family. Love ya!