Monday, May 4, 2009

Just talkin..

No pics to share today, sorry. I'll have some this week though. I finally found my camera's battery charger that has been gone for months randomly packed away! I also am getting my portrait lens fixed and Derrick let me get a new portrait lens too!! I can't wait for it to get here, I will definitely shoot a bunch this weekend. Happy Mother's Day to me!! :)

It was gorgeous here this weekend. Since it rained the last two, we spent most of this weekend outside. There are beautiful forest preserves and huge parks full of lakes, hiking trails, and gardens all over up here. We went to one Saturday and the girls loved to watch the ducks swim on the lake and play at the playground. Derrick is in heaven here.

Sunday we tried out yet another church, our third thus far. It was a United Methodist church in Libertyville and it was small but really warm and friendly. They have a very large congregation seemingly but we chose to try out the contemporary service which unfortunately is very small and in the social hall rather than the sanctuary. yuck. I don't like sitting on folding chairs (esp when I have this restless leg issue being pg) and it didn't feel churchy. Their ministries are great, they are very involved with habitat for humanity and others that D and I would love to volunteer with. The girls had a good time. They had a praise band/modern music but traditional elements and it was a nice blend. We're torn on whether or not to return. I just can't find one that totally clicks. Will keep looking.

I hope you all enjoy the week and pamper your mom's for Mother's Day next weekend! I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon with my new OB, but seemingly all is well with this pregnancy. I feel like my hips are breaking apart at times but the nurse informed me that it's very normal for a 3rd pregnancy. How do women do this 4,5,etc. times?? geeze. :) off to clean up some chocolate milk that my 2 year old spilled all over the place.. them smeared all over the table and seat cushions. lovely. Ciao amici

No comments: