Tuesday, May 26, 2009

34 week appt

I just got in from the doctor. I had some pretty bad swelling over the weekend and sudden weight gain,etc. but it seems to have gone down a lot since then. I'm thinking it's because it was 90 degrees in St. Louis and only 70 up here! I'm not quite used to that hot/humid weather! Just incase, I'm going to go every week from now in to keep me monitored, but my blood pressure and other signs were normal.. so for now, no pre-eclampsia! I also fully passed my glucose tests so no GD either. great!

I have really been dreading having another c-section and told him I really wanted to try to go naturally and he said, "absolutely not." I have met several people that have had vbacs after 2 c-sects but we don't have much choice in the hospitals/doctors we see, so once again, I have no choice. It angers me since he would have let me had I had a vbac with Ellie.. but they didn't give me that option in Italy either. This is the downside to free healthcare!!!

On a weird note, he is sticking with a July 11th due date. This frustrates me because my due date was July 7 and the only thing I can think of is that my previous doctor in Italy changed my due date after my first u/s which wasn't very accurate. I know my body, when the baby was conceived,etc. It's not a huge deal, except that a July 11th due date puts my c-section date for July 4. Since it's a holiday, it's not allowed to be scheduled then, not that I'd want to, so he thinks I'm going to have to move it up for the week after, into my 40th week.

Since I had both the girls weeks before my due date, it's basically pointless because now I'm going to be sitting around waiting to go into labor so that the hospital with accept me into the ER for a c-section. Trying to get ready for a c-sect while in active labor is NOT awesome and either is the anxiety I'm getting trying to figure out what to do with my children before my parents can get up here. It takes 2 hours for them to get here, and that's if they walked out the door the second I called them, and it isn't rush hour. arhghhh!! I just have this fear of me having a c-sect alone for the 3rd time while D is in the waiting room with the girls :(

Anyway, that's all I know for now. He said he'd check with the hospital on dates because they have 'policies' that apparently don't budge (aka he's not sure he can schedule me for an earlier c-sect before 4th of July unless I can somehow prove that my due date should be 7/7.. riiiight). SO I should know more next week at my next appt.

Ciao for now!

4 comments:

Andrea Clayton said...

Glad to hear all is well. I'm sure that swelling scared you, good thing it wasn't too serious. I must admit, I don't envy you at all at the moment. We are in rainy, humid AL. We will be in the house starting tomorrow afternoon with no internet. So, I'll post pics when I get back to NC. Otherwise everything is great here. :)

emegren said...

Glad to hear you're doing well! I think you need to find another doctor. In my opinion. At least, for a second opinion. There is also no reason to wait that long to have a c-section. Joshua was about 39 weeks and Nikolas was closer to 38 weeks. They were both scheduled cesareans. Unless there is some reason to wait that long... small baby or some concern there is no reason to wait that long. Beside the fact that you are going to be miserable and probably go into labor. Anyway, never back down until you get the answer you want to hear. Free care or not. ;)

Lindsay said...

Well part of the issue is that the due date I have is 7/7. The due date he has is 7/11 based on some u/s.. apparently she changed it. The 4 days aren't a huge deal except that with July 4 falling in there, it certainly does. SO I'm going to try to prove to him that my due date is 7/7 next week which would put me at June 30th as originally thought for the c-sect scheduled. Although, I still think, I could go into labor before that as I did with Ellie. Unfortunately it's apparently hospital policy that they will not schedule a c-sect unless it's documented to be in the 39th week (Incase the baby isn't ready,etc.) which I agree with.. but I just know my body and I've already dropped a bit. We'll see I guess. I was really wanting a vbac and it's a bit frustrating in general.

Jen said...

I had the same concerns about arranging care for Paige with my parents being 2 hours away. Try to have some backup neighbors "on call" just in case you need a last minute babysitter. We were really lucky in that I had a slow water leak and we had time to get Paige into daycare so that my parents could take their time in getting out here. Hopefully if you do go into labor, you'll at least have some early warning signs!
Good luck at your next dr. appointment getting your date changed!