Monday, May 25, 2009

Just catching up.. and some belly pics!

Happy Memorial Day!! I hope you got to relax on your day off, but also hope you remembered these guys and gals who die fighting for us!

We have been so busy, but doing really great! A little over a week ago we had lots of fun visiting with our dear friends April and Brian and their cutie pie kids. Derrick took Brian's job, so unfortunately they moved on as we arrived here and we never even got to see each other!! We were thankful to be invited to Brian's 40th birthday bash and got to spend some time here at the house with them and the kids. It is hard to see your best friends' kids grow up in pictures!!! :) muah!

Last week we spent much of it getting the baby's room put together and clothes washed/organized,etc. I think we are nearly ready!!! My parents came up Thursday evening to watch the girls and Derrick and I flew out to St. Louis on Friday morning, very early. The Navy will ship your car to the States for you, but it's up to you to pick it up, annoying. It was nice to have a few days away though before the baby arrives and made the most of it!! Other than Sears ripping our exhaust system off our van and causing us to spend the entire first day of our "getaway" in an auto waiting room, it was a fabulous weekend!!!

We ate many relaxed meals with adult conversation (imagine that), went shopping (poor D), and hung out with some great friends of ours, Sarah and Dave!! We took turns taking pics for each other in Forest Park (downtown St. Louis.. gorgeous!!) and went to eat. I made Dave drive us all the way out to the famous ice cream/custard place, Ted Drewes (thank you, Dave) and got my fill. I have been craving it since Julie took me there last year. YUM!

Sarah is a great photographer and friend.. for those in the St. Louis area-- I recommend her! :) If you want to check out my pics with D in the park, go to her sight and click on 'feature' and we're the pic with hands on the big belly.
http://www.sarahlough.com/

Tmrw I have my 34 week doctor appt.. I will update after!

No comments: