Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm Singin' in the Rain..

Oh boy. The rainy season has indeed hit Sicily!! It's rained most of the day over the last couple days although our backyard grass is finally growing back in and things are nice and green! Just recently snow has started to top Mt. Etna and it's actually starting to feel like fall around here.

Derrick has been in Washington D.C. this week for a job and returns home in a couple days. I've had strep throat for the last week or so but am feeling a little better this weekend. Being pregnant and sick is not the best timing! The girls miss Derrick, but he told them that he's been helping Santa fix his sleigh or something and Val can't wait to hear about it when he gets home. She totally gets it this year, it's been a lot of fun already. Speaking of Christmas, I just finished my shopping yesterday AND this morning ordered all of my xmas cards!!! For once, I am actually early with everything and will peacefully enjoy the holidays with my family. (Remember, things take a couple weeks to ship here, and then we have to ship out.. it can be a little hectic)

Before Derrick left we went to the pebbly beach fiumefreddo which is about 40 minutes north of here along the coast. The water was clear and blue, the pebbles don't stick to your feet, and we had a really nice time letting the kids run around. I was going to shoot for a tripod pic of the 4 of us but I didn't even want to try. We just let the kids have fun. Here a few pics that didn't make the Christmas card cut.. although I like some of these better but they just didn't fit!


The drama. Ellie had just wrestled her to the ground instead of hugging her, shoving pebbles into Val's mouth. Val just layed there crying like a helpess victim. oy oy oy. I told her I was going to take a picture for Grandma, and would she like to be happy or crying. She said, "I want to look like I'm crying." So here she is in all her glory.


5 comments:

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Those pictures are really cute, especially the one of them all walking...I love that one!

How have you been feeling?

Sarah Lough said...

Awww, I love those pics! Even Val in all her glory. I really, really, really need to take pics and get my cards ordered. I usually like them to be all addressed and ready to go by Thanksgiving, but I highly doubt that is gonna happen.
I hope you're feeling better soon. I had strep a couple of weeks ago and thought I was gonna die. Dave was OOT as well, and he wound up coming back to take care of me and a friend of mine stole the kids for two days. Ugh, miserable. And I wasn't pregnant, so I have no clue how you're dealing.

Are you wanting to find out if Little Mr/Miss is a Little Mr/Miss?

Deb Coe said...

Wow - Grandma's got her work cut out for her, ey????

What beautiful photos! From the "art" perspective, they are wonderful compositionally - especially the way you have captured the depth perspective. So many photographers miss that important element in portraits, and they end up looking like they are in front of a photo of the background.

Let me also say, you all make a very beautiful family - such a photogenic bunch of people!!!! Can't wait to see the Christmas card! (I probably won't do one - again!!!).

Kiss the girls for me - we're praying for safe travel home for Derrick, too!

~
love you!

Lindsay said...

thanks!

I'm feeling fine, the sore throat has subsided and I have a little more energy. I had been going to bed at 7 for the last 2 weeks with the girls but lately have been holding out til 9. I'm such a party animal these days ;)

We were actually really wanting a suprise, and still might go that route. The issues we are considering with finding out the sex are that

1. we'll be moving when i'm pretty far along, and probably moving into a house at that point as well. It would be nice to know if we need to buy all new stuff ahead of time with everything going on.

and 2. It would be nice to prepare the girls for what is coming. Val has it in her head that it's a boy because she already has a sister.. it seems like she will be able to connect with the baby once she can call him/her a name and things like that. I am not really hoping for a boy, after 2 girls I think that would scare me. We'll take whatever we get. ;)

Jennifer Aitchison said...

These are really beautiful! :)
Love ya!