Sunday, November 9, 2008

blowing bubbles!

Ciao amici! How is your weekend going?

We have been so busy! Friday night Derrick and I went on a date (yeah!) although I will admit we spent an hour of it shopping for the girls for Christmas. We are almost done though! It is certainly much harder to do so when they are old enough to remember what you've bought. We went to dinner and saw the movie "Death Race." The movie, incase you live in a land of no previews such as myself, is about the future when prison are taken over by giant corporations. They are all about profit, of course, so they start web casts of prisoners driving around a track, nascar style, to the death. Joan Allen plays the prison warden(? is that the word) Anyway it is honestly like a video game in which the cars can drive over circles for bullets, shields, insane weapons you can only think of on a game. However what keeps you wanting to watch is the main character who wants to get out of prison to see his little girl, and his only way out is by winning the race. I wanted to leave within about ten minutes; however, I'm glad I stuck it out. While extremely violent (extremely), it is so thought provoking and it had a great ending. I actually recommend it, but it will stir up some anger and the girls will squeam a few times. We were still discussing it the next morning though, so it was a good choice (not that we had one!) :)

Enough of that. Yesterday we had a going away party (boo) and a birthday party! We were very tired last night and I'm a bit sick today with a sore throat,etc. but I took the girls to the park to let them blow bubbles while Daddy went to church. We have a nice 4 day weekend and then Derrick leaves for a week or two for a job. We'll have to plan some girlie fun while the boy is out of the house!

Enjoy your weekend! .. and Happy Veteran's Day a little early!



That is Mt. Etna in the background, the top half covered in clouds. I was hoping to catch it but it warmed up. Motta is the little brown spot to the left of Val's head almost to the bottom of the hill. That's about a 25 min drive from our house. (For some of you who asked, to put things in perspective of where we are, which is in the middle of no where!) :)

4 comments:

Deb Coe said...

Love that grin on Ellie!!!

Hey - wasn't that dress down past Val's knees not too long ago??? She's a growing girl (finally, right????) LOL

Love you!!!!!

Jim said...

What wonderful photos! They make me miss Italy and you and your family. Enjoy the rest of your time there!

We are loving WA. Randal is thrilled to have all of his toys again and to be in a child-proof home where he can run around. I'm happy to no longer be sharing a room with him at night.

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Awwwww CUTE!

I love that smile on Ellie. I cannot get Benjamin to look at the camera at all right now, but this week he started to make eye contact when he is talking to me, so I have hope that I will have photos of something besides the back of his head sometime soon. LOL
Love Ya!

Fit Dani said...

Okay do your girls always pose so perfect for photos. And do you always make sure they look adorable in their outfits! So funny I love it! Your doing so well with your photography. Im so proud you found your niche