Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Brrr

Wow it is nice and chilly here lately. It is currently 41 degrees outside but I am personally loving it!! :)

Monday I had an ultrasound to check on the baby & confirm my due date since my body works a little differently than some. I was lying there for 45 minutes while the u/s technician stared at the screen (which was turned away from me) clicking not saying anything. It is a hard situation as they aren't allowed to give us results but you just lie there anxiously waiting for something. I knew something was wrong when he went to get the doctor. The doctor explained to me that I had a yolk sac, but it was empty. I sat up to see the screen and apparently that tilted my uterus or something because the baby popped right on the screen. It was a little bizarre, as I went from thinking I was miscarrying to seeing the baby and heartbeat! Baby 3 is still measuring about 6.5 weeks as originally planned, so that is good news. For now, we're good to go. I am already wanting to be out of the first trimester to feel a little less worry and hopefully have a bit more energy! I feel really good other than passing out around 7:30 on the couch every night. Poor D. He is wonderfully putting the girls to bed for me and helping with dinner clean up.

Valerie is really doing well in ballet and school. She has been acting like a teacher every evening at home and telling Ellie where to stand, how to tap her toes,etc. I haven't figured out why but Ellie does whatever she says most of the time. If she doesn't want to, she will knock Valerie over with a swift shove. Smacking, pushing, and screaming are the fun things we are working on with Eleanor right now. Last week she shoved Valerie into a DVD display for Indiana Jones at the store and DVD's went flying everywhere, Val sobbing, and Ellie laughing. Lord, help us with this one.

On a positive note, Eleanor is talking so much these days and is putting words together. Valerie wasn't really doing that until after she turned two so it is awesome to see her so vocal. El likes to play dress up with Valerie some days and they dance around to their cd's in the living room.

Valerie is learning to think a bit more abstractly these days and it's interesting to hear her thoughts. Usually when she takes a nap, we ask her, "What did you dream about?" and she usually gives one word answers. Yesterday she said, "I talked to Jesus. He told me thank you for giving me a special family today. He lives for us." I was blown away. I said, "What did Jesus look like?" She said, "He had black hair. He gave me a hug and held my hand. I love him." We discuss Jesus on extremely general terms and she goes to Sunday school where they do the typical little paper crafts to learn about the bible stories but she has never actually talked about them to us before. It was really neat. She also told her preschool teacher yesterday that she has to turn 4 so she can have boobs to feed her baby and have a baby in her tummy. wowzers. mmm k :)

Ciao for now. Enjoy your week :)

5 comments:

Emilie Krocker said...

linds- i CRACKED UP at valerie's little comment about her boobs! OH MY GOODNESS! she must keep you entertained that's for sure! i hope i get to meet these little ones when you are back in chicago.
glad everything is ok with the baby!

The Monahans said...

What a post! I think every emotion came to me as I read through it! I miss you!!

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Oh that sounds so scary, I am glad to hear that you and sweet baby 3 are ok :)

Eleanor sounds like she is at the same stage as Benjamin. It seems like in any given 60 seconds of time he will give us the excitement and joy of a new word or phrase...... followed by a temper explosion. The other day he actually grabbed two plates from the dishwasher and smashed them on the floor because I was doing dishes. Of course he does not understand that the glass will cut his feet, so I push him out of the kitchen and that really makes him mad. LOL I keep trying to remind myself that his brain is moving faster than his verbal skills and he is frustrated.... But sometimes ..... grrrrrrrrrrr LOL
Hope you are feeling well,
Love ya

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Valerie cracked me up on that last comment....so cute.

Love the Jesus thing...she is so darn sweet. I can't wait until you come back here to the states....we MUST get together!

Glad the baby is doing ok...you scared me a bit there!

Deb Coe said...

Oh, my - the drama between these two little tiny girls is so big! And quite unexpected. I always thought Val was going to be beating up on Ellie, not the other way around!

We got a tear in our eyes when we saw Val's explanation of Jesus. Yup, even when we don't realize it, they pay attention!!! It is so funny to see her turning into a little "mom" so young - right down to carrying the baby and breastfeeding it, lol!!!

BTW - when is that refrigerator supposed to arrive? We haven't seen it yet.

Lindsay, it was painful to read about your U/S. Please don't scare me like that anymore, okay????? LOL - glad that things are going okay.

Hugs and love!!!