Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

At hectic times in my life I often focus on what needs to be done, what frustrations I have in doing so, and forget to really sit back and feel gratitude. Today I choose to be thankful and choose joy. It is certainly helping me deal with my chore list today which includes steam cleaning up Norman's "I tried to eat a baby doll's ballet skirt" vomit all over my house. That post is for another day though! What are you thankful for? I'd love to know!

*There has been a breeze lately that is making the 100 degree temps a bit more bearable to a person used to Chicago summers

*Derrick's foot is continuing to heal (I am not sure if I posted this but he either sprained or fractured it in Djibouti a couple months ago and is doing some physical therapy exercises to help it along)

*Valerie has been going to bed -on time- 8 nights out of 10 and all around in a much happier mood. I get teary eyed seeing how happy and relaxed she is again. She is definitely in need of a cohesive family with stability!!

*I have really felt a sense of balance over the last couple months. I am learning to say no and do away with those things that keep me from what I feel I am called to do for my family, my personal interests, and so forth. I have had to step back from some roles and hobbies, allowing me to pursue those that I've wanted to do in the past but never had time for.

*It's only 5 months til xmas! I know, I know.. but most of you know that I am in LOVE with holiday's and everything that comes with it.

*Eleanor is in the midst of a vocabulary explosion. Any time I give her anything she says, "thank you!" (well.. it sounds like tay ooo) I worked on that with Valerie for a couple months. I have never taught it to Ellie, she just started saying it last week! It is so helpful having a little student model (Val) for her to learn from. I am hoping this carries over to potty training.

I'll close with that. Have a fabulous weekend! I will have lots of pics, surely. Tomorrow night Derrick and I are going out for a dinner date. We've decided to make it policy to have a date once a week (sometimes lunch, and not a whole evening but you do what you can). What can I say, he still makes my knees weak. We need to find a new place. Any sig people have suggestions?

ciao!

2 comments:

Allie said...

I am thankful for my son's fascination with cleaning!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...... how very touching.

I am thankful for you! And for my dear husband....and for our wonderful son-in-law and beautiful granddaughters....and the lovely 80 degree weather we've been having....and the fact that we have jobs...and that I get to teach at a university (what a blessing!!!!!!)...and that we have a wonderful vacation to look forward to in only one week....and that we have a loving and forgiving God!!!

Hugs,
Mom