Friday, July 4, 2008

Beat the Heat!

Happy 4th of July!!!!

To start our morning off the girls swam in the backyard (shocker, I know). Valerie has had swim suit issues lately (she's a skinny gal.. the suits her size are way too big and hang too loose but the suits from last summer give her a permanant wedgie. hmm). SO we went shopping yesterday and she tried on about 10 suits. (remember now that we have ONE store to choose from here also) It is pretty hard these days to find a toddler a suit that doesn't look like she's trying to be sexy. I don't understand gold clipped string bikinis for 2 year olds. sorry. Besides, D would probably flip his lid if he saw his little girl in something like that. Of course the one that fit her is a disney princess suit. Maybe it was meant to be. sigh. She is thrilled as you can tell by the picture. I do have to admit I love the little ruffle/bow in the back ;)

This is supposedly her model/princess pose. She is showing off her new suit:
Just look at that cute ruffle..

Those big baby thighs are slimming down! such a big girl these days.
Sissy doesn't like hugs!!


Val swims with my old cabbage patch doll-- did anyone have one of these? She is all plastic/rubber (whatever) and can go in the pool/bath tub. She also gets tan lines. (rolls eyes)

Kilah.. poor dog needs her hair cut. That would be D's job.

Norman and his stubbornness would not turn his head. He is a camera phobe apparently.
And I realize both dogs need hair brushing and nails cut,etc. don't judge. i'm tired. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just bought the cutest swimsuit for Jules. I saw it in the chasing fireflies catalog, but found it on Ebay for a third of the price. Maybe we should get Val a matching one. I think it's right up her alley. The Princess suit is adorable and I love the ruffle! She is a skinny thing; tell her to bottle it up and I'll buy it. :) I totally don't understand string bikini's for 3 yr olds either. (You do realize she's three, right? ;) I'm in denial, too.) If I won't let her wear it when she's 16, why would I let her wear it now is my philosophy.

What fun in the pool! That's what we did too, but I didn't get many photos and we're at the in-laws and I forgot my cable. I'll send you some when we get back.

So I guess the dogs didn't go to Mt. Etna this past week? :)

Hugs! Sarah