Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th!

I hope you all have a Happy 4th of July!! It is actually probably my favorite holiday after Christmas, of course. The town I grew up in is pretty 4th obsessed. Everyone decorates their front porches and there is a very large, long parade down Main Street. I would love to have a big bbq and go see the fireworks-- a perfect relaxing day! It is especially sentimental ever since I married a Navy man ;)

It is a bit bizarre celebrating overseas but living on a base you still see some patriotism. There will be some family games and what not over on base with fireworks to cap it off. We will head over there at some point. Beforehand some of my girl friends whose hubbies are also sitting there twiddling their thumbs, waiting for a plane to pick them up... are going to come over to bbq.

I am actually posting to see if anyone has advice for my dog. Kilah (who is a Cairn terrier- think Toto from the Wiz. of Oz) is probably about 6 years old? I got her my soph year of college. She's a really good dog for the most part. She is very 'miss priss' at times and instead of rolling over to say i'm sorry.. kind of barks at you like, 'screw you. I do what I want.' At any rate since I got home from my month in the States, she's been peeing on random rugs, at random times. She NEVER used to have accidents.. ever. She's peed on 3 different rugs in the past 3 days and I am about to lose it. Thank god we have ceramic tile everywhere; however, pulling the rugs out in the driveway to scrub and clean is a pain in the ass considering they have furniture that has to be moved to do so!! Especially since I am doing this by myself with 2 toddlers!! I am about to kill this dog.

I am almost starting to wonder if there's something wrong with her. Do you think it'd be stupid to take her in to the vet since it's not a normal habit of hers? Or do you think she's just ticked at me for not walking her very much these days with D being gone? (can't deal with 2 dogs and 2 kids on a walk.. it's impossible). Any advice?

grazie!

2 comments:

Andrea Clayton said...

Could be 1 of 2 things. . .either she is mad that you left (though you have been back for a month). OR maybe she has an infection (UTI/bladder). I don't think you'd be wrong for taking her in to the vet to be on the safe side. Just my 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay!!

Off to the vet with her.....I would bet anything, that something is wrong.....Keep us posted on what you find out....:-)