Sunday, July 20, 2008

Look at this kid

Valerie is about to turn 3 in a couple weeks and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic about my little baby being an official preschooler. Just look at her. She's so long and skinny, full of attitude and yet so innocent and still needing her cuddles and hugs when she gets an "owie." She has been planning her birthday since January so I am about to sit down and finally stamp out the details. She is insiting on a castle cake, pink and purple "sparkles" (what do I do with that? HuH?), and of course a princess dress. I'm sure her friends, who are 99% boys will just love that. ;)

We just relaxed at home yesterday and bbq'd with our neighbors. A perfect weekend! Valerie ran around in the sprinkler for awhile last night to beat the heat. It is still in the upper 80's in the evenings here these days. Too hot for me, thank you. We went to the pool after church today as well. It seems that is the thing to do as we saw many friends there who had the same idea!

Have a fantastic week!!



Had to throw in one of Ellie too.. just because I can't resist those deep brown eyes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great fun summer shots Lindsay! Val is growing up so quickly. Doesn't it seem to just happen overnight...they wake up 3 inches taller telling you what they want for breakfast and exactly what they plan to wear that day. I really love the picture of Val and Elie on the pole climber. I can see that one framed on your wall (you know how much I love the out-or-the-ordinary framed!

Anonymous said...

Excellent pictures!! Give kisses and hugs......:-)