Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It was the pig, with the blanket, in the kitchen


Caught.
So as I've posted about 200 times since this deployment started, Valerie hasn't slept in her room without protest in months. The issue hasn't really gotten better, I just try different tactics every other week or so, none of which work. Night before last, I was sitting at my desk talking to a friend on the phone around 10pm when I realized Val was in the kitchen. I honestly probably never would have heard her all night (The door was shut) except that she made the mistake of going into the cabinet for animal cookies and the door shut pretty loudly.
I knew it'd be something to remember so I took a picture. She was having a slumber party with 'pig'. Pig came out of a vending machine on an outing we had with Daddy right before he left. He is one of three love's that she rotates in sleeping with. (Mickey Mouse from our cruise last summer is #1, closely followed by an incredibly soft rabbit stuffed animal/puppet that Grandma Debbie sent for Easter). He actually had his own blanket in the hall way but apparently wasn't invited to the party.
We are hoping to have Derrick home in less than a week now.. so please keep those prayers coming. We sure are ready!!!!

No comments: