Friday, July 17, 2009

The Hurt Locker

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5132135n&tag=related;photovideo

I am excited to see this movie. I am sure I will have to listen to Derrick telling me every single thing that the movie portrayed inaccurately about disarming bombs,etc. but watching these things always helps me to understand his job. I remember when he came back from Iraq and showed me -hours- of bomb explosions and silly video of them goofing off in the hummer. It was really neat for us to understand what he went through. I only wonder what kind of movie this will be and if it will actually help the EOD image or hurt it!? Time will tell. It did get extremely good reviews according to a few tidbits I've seen on tv. Let me know if/when you see it and if it's any good!

2 comments:

April Stilwell said...

We actually have it. Brian thought it was amazing. I won't watch stuff like that, but opted to sleep on the couch next to him while he did.

Deb Coe said...

Wow - just watching the short news segment really tells a lot. Thanks for sharing that, Linds!