Monday, July 20, 2009

Camping.. Fishing.. oh my!

This post is old, but I've been saving it as I am still unable to edit pictures/words for some reason. Does anyone know what is up with this site? If I upload a photo, I can no longer click and drag it below text or rearrange the order. So I had to redo this post, uploading from the bottom up and copying/pasting my words.

2 weeks ago, Derrick took advantage of perfect weather and camped out for the 2nd time in our backyard with the girls. He had been helping me out nightly with Madeline but I was finally doing well enough to handle her on my own and the kids deserved some fun time that didn't put them after Maddie's needs! Here they are growling like a bear in front of the tent. I missed them putting it up unfortunately! I slept inside with Maddie obviously.. not quite ready to sleep on the hard ground!

They made smores in the firepit and stayed up until nearly 10pm catching firefly's around the backyard. This might not seem a huge deal to some, but we didn't have firefly's in Sicily so they were very excited!!



3 comments:

Deb Coe said...

Oh, my,,,, these pics are too cute!!! I love the backyard camping (something I'm always trying to talk your Dad into doing, lol). So glad Derrick is able to do these fun things with his daughters. You guys really rock!!!

Sarah Lough said...

Your girls are precious! Val's hair is alot longer than I remember in your last photos; esp the pic of her casting. Ellie's pigtails are adorable! Her and Isaac were such babies last time the kids got together. 87 days till Disney! ;)

Lindsay said...

lol Yes Val's hair is insanity because of her recent hair cut. It *was* in a pony tail but fell out basically in the car and she refused to let me fix it. so be it. :)