Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Derrick's Reenlistment

**I'm not sure what's going on with blogger but it won't let me move pics around and usually I can.. so they are totally out of order and the "story" is down below. I give up. Sorry for the confusing post. ;)

Unfort the entire background is in focus and we aren't.. I'm not sure how that happened. Oh well!! :)





On Friday, Derrick reenlisted in to the Navy for another 3 years! He is currently sitting at 19, and after these 3 years are up we will decide if he's going to stay in for another tour or if he will retire here. We'd like him to retire here, as we'd go back to sea duty (another round of deployments) and we are very happy with our new home (both the actual house and the area!) Only God knows our future plans though so I am trying not to be concrete in my feelings until we know for sure what will happen. Hopefully a job will eventually line up in a couple years!


Here are a few pics of his reenlistment. Since it was raining, we were in a muddy pavillion and therefore most pics didn't turn out as I didn't remember my flash and I had to stand out of the pav. in the rain to take the pics. Oh well. I will post them anyway so you get the idea!




I look angry but I think I was teary eyed. Derrick had certificates made for all 4 of us girls for showing support in his career,etc.

The guys took a seat out of the work van for the girls to sit on. They are staring at a couple rows of the boot camp guys lined up in front. They were making faces and Ellie was growling during parts. Nothing like making your parents proud, girls.
a very sleepy Maddie stayed in her carseat during the ceremon

We are so proud of D.. we love you!

3 comments:

Andrea Clayton said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel with just 3 (potential) years left.

Deb Coe said...

Thanks for posting the pics! I've been waiting for them! Yay! I am so proud of both of you for serving our country in this way. I know it has been quite a challenge over the years. I am so touched that Derrick had certificates made for you girls, too! You all looked great. I love the dress whites on Derrick - and love to see Maddie in that sailor dress.

Aunt Kathy said...

Congrats to Derick!! Hope he can find work so you all can stay in one place. The baby is so sweet! Kiss all three for me, Lindsay!! Hugs to you!!!