Friday, February 20, 2009

House Virtual Tour and Doc. Update

I just found a home that is selling for 50K more than we paid for ours, a street over from our house, same model exactly! It just has nicer floors and some upgraded cabinets, and also a gas fireplace. However the pics are so helpful to us because when my parents looked at the home, it had white walls and no furniture. Every room looks practically the same and it's hard to tell how big/small a room is with no furniture in it. Ironically they have the same color scheme as us and with the white trim/wood floors it looks beautiful!

http://www.cpgtours.com/tour.php?br=0&id=2281

On another note, I went to the doctor today for my 20 week appt. I will post a 'belly pic' tonight if I remember to have D take one. Everything is fine, nothing to report. Heartrate is still in the low 140's so we are still wondering if this one is a boy as the girls' were both in the 160's. (I have heard this from numerous, but not all friends.. something to do about the metabolic rates differing in the sexes). interesting food for thought. We'll know on Monday!!! Our names are Madeline Ruby and Owen Anthony.

Have a great weekend!! Ours will most likely be spent painting and fixing knicks in doors, getting ready for inspection. Next weekend we go to Paris!!

4 comments:

Andrea Clayton said...

Glad to hear you had a good appt. Does that take the place of the 23rd? How is your cold? I'm guessing viral and they cannot do anything about it? I checked the house link. Gives such a great idea of space. Those rooms are huge! You'll have so much fun moving in and decorating.

Deb Coe said...

Wow! That is EXACTLY the same layout - how cool to see it with color and furniture. Having stood in your house last weekend, I did think that it would be better if the wood or laminate flooring extended through the kitchen/breakfast area as well as in the family room, because it would make it feel more spacious to have the same flooring. I loved the colors that they used.

Glad to see that your doctor appointment went well. Hope you and the girls are feeling better. The barking cough sounds kind of scary. :(

Will post more later - have to think about the kitchen ideas/color schemes. Thanks for posting pictures of different kitchens. It's inspiring.

Deb Coe said...

Just looked at the video again. I wasn't sure about the white woodwork idea until I saw this, and now I'm sold. My concern was about the oak stair balustrade - I didn't think you'd want to paint that, and now I see how that it looks good with that left stained but still the baseboards painted white. That makes the white windows (which are solid vinyl) fit in better with the overall look in the video house.

I was thinking that something was weird - a missing bedroom, and then I realized that they have knocked out the wall in the video house, between the master bedroom and the smallest bedroom. So, your master bedroom will not be so huge. which is a good thing, cuz the one in the video is really too big. Yours is still really big!

I like the deep red they used in the family room and their choice of walls. I also like your idea of red in the kitchen, but keep in mind you have almost no wall space to put wainscoting on - it's almost all taken up by cabinets. However, you could do the kitchen in a deep beige or gold - whatever would look better with the cabinets, and do white wainscoting in the dining room with red upper walls, and then bring the red out again in the family room as they did in the video. I think your ceilings are at least a foot higher than the video house, so your house will actually be worth MORE than that one if the market ever bounces back, because you have more bedrooms and higher ceilings! I liked the way that they put slate in the foyer instead of taking the wood to the front door - that's a thought, too. I also like their front door better, and I like the way they used a low stone wall on either end of their patio to help incorporate it into the back yard a little bit. All this is fun, isn't it??????

:)

Anonymous said...

Well, we can't wait to plan a visit some time when you are all moved back here and well settled in! And it will be fun to again have 2 new babies in the family, yours and Justin & Jens. Have fun in Paris!