Monday, January 26, 2009

Feel the Burn!

Can I just say that I am SO EXCITED to almost have this packout done? We spent our weekend organizing and my extremely hard working husband power washed the grill and everything outside. We are ready!!! So after Wed, we will be sittin here twiddling our thumbs and I can't tell you how much I just want to go home already.. but I must wait. Plus, we still have Paris at the end of Feb!

It was absolutely beautiful out today. Everyone here was in an awesome mood. It rains and rains and then randomly we'll have one warm sunny day just to lift our spirits. I think God knows that we need a little sunshine sometimes!!! We played outside for awhile before naps and they slept for nearly 3 hours! hallelujah. I got a nap too!

Derrick is working late, I'm sitting here making a packing list and need to finish my bible study tonight. Such the exciting life I lead, but I love it. ;) Although I will admit to being ecstatic at being able to sit at Barnes with a cup of coffee every once and awhile in the near future. .. I can see it.. almost there!!!

It looks as though our house will close on time as long as USAA doesn't keep dragging their feet. Hallelujah! Today I feel very blessed, and feel answered prayers. I also have to report that Valerie has earned her star for cleaning up/listening to us and has had hardly a whine or tantrum. I should also clarify that if she throws a tantrum over being asked to clean up her mess, she still has to do it, she just doesn't get the sticker. While in college and learning about motivating children I learned that most of the time we need to set up an external reward for motivation which over time because intrinsic (internal). So far, so good!!

.. as for the title of this post, it's due to the fact that my arm is burning from playing D in Wii tennis!!! :)

3 comments:

Fit Dani said...

Im so excited for your near adventure of the big PCS!
I am so happy that God provided a home for you and you are able to close in time to move home and have a "HOME" when you get there. It is such a good feeling, let me tell you!
So proud of Val and her stickers. I think we might have to "steal" that Idea from you. While im sure you will only be flattered ---
I still cant believe we are 1 week and some days apartt in our pregnancies. Im so luck to have such a great friend to share such a amazing journey with! Heres to baby #3!!!

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

How exciting that your going to be back in the states soon!

The sticker thing is a great idea for cleaning up. I need to try that one on Amelia.

Anonymous said...

I too, am happy you guys are almost in the states....I just wished it was closer.....LOL

Yipppeee, for val and her sticker.....:-)

Good Job!!