Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 11: Hotel Hang Out

This morning we pigged out with a big breakfast buffet and headed for the pool. The pool is very crowded in the evenings and practically empty during the day.Afterwards we walked around Garmisch a bit and I had spatzl for lunch. These are homemade german butter noodles with crispy onions. delicious! I love the outdoor seating at the cafes all over Europe!



We were trying to find a cuckoo clock but only found a shop as it was closing. It had an amazing selection but I couldn't justify the cost due to the weak $ to euro conversion. At the lodge they have a small gift shop which sells clocks also. There is less selection but they are a few hundred $$ less than out in town so it's worth it if you can find one you really like. So we went back and purchased one there. It plays the Edelweiss song and had the little log chopper man which we liked. If you haven't read my first Germany post, we really wanted to get a clock in Germany because they reminded me so much of my childhood at my Grandma's house growing up.




On the way back we did catch four cows walking down the street right to their owner's little house. The owner lured them out of the road and into the gate with a gigantic pretzel. hilarious!
Unfortunately Mom and I were walking by ourselves while the boys took our stuff and went to meet us with the van so I didn't have a camera!

We just hung out at the hotel that evening since we had to pack up early the next morning!

Next up.. Venice.

3 comments:

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Love that last picture! What a great one!

Deb Coe said...

This is so fun to read! I think I may have a couple of pics of the "real" Garmisch cows in my camera. (I know - it's hard to find time to even find photos, let alone edit or send them! Arghhhh) - I thought I'd do it this weekend, but we weren't home much at all.

Hope to start putting our pics of the France/Belgium part of the trip this week.

Can't wait to see Venice!

Deb Coe said...

Hey - could you post a pic of that new cuckoo clock? I can't remember what it looks like and I'm sure others would like to see it too!

:)