Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vallerina grocery shops

This one is for Grandma ;)

My mom sent me a big thing of tulle to make Valerie a tutu, as I posted a long time ago on here. I've been itching to find a way to use it in a photoshoot ever since. My friend Jannelle and I brainstormed and came up with the grocery store. Why? Because it represents the "mama" Valerie tries to be while still showing her innocent, two year old self. She happens to be obsessed with a little shopping cart Grandma Deb bought her at toys r us for Christmas so it worked out perfectly. The rain boots are just the obvious choice as well, as she's been wearing them for over a year now!

Pics by jReed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute pictures. Val just looks so content, like she's totally in her element. Quite a fashion statement too!

Anonymous said...

I agree....really cute!......such a priss she is, isn't she!....LOL....Give both girls kisses from me!

Hugs!! :-)

Grandma Deb/Mom said...

Hmmmm.... Vallerina! What a cute nickname. I think that one may stick!!!!

Reminds me of her mommy, who insisted on wearing white tights with colored socks over them at age 3 and started a new trend among CP preschoolers!

;)

Grandma Deb/Mom said...

P.S. - did you get a tutu made for Ellie, too?

I can just picture the two of them out in a field of flowers in the tutus.........Val's came out so full and so pretty!

Let me know if you need more tulle!

Anonymous said...

Val has inspired me to make MYSELF a tutu and wear rain boots. Stay tuned for a pic of me at the commissary wearing it :) *lol*

Beautiful pictures!

Jennifer Aitchison said...

These are so beautiful.
Love Them!!!!!

Last fall we took our niece Keira apple picking and she insisted on her rain boots. It was so funny because she was stumbling everywhere in the orchard, but she did not want to take them off. LOL