Saturday, April 19, 2008

Is this a parenting milestone?


So Valerie cut her hair today. yes. awesome. Just as I want to take her to the states and take a ton of pictures. flippin' fabulous.


I usually set her in front of a movie, with a coloring book, a snack.. enough to hold her 20 mins so I can take a shower and get dressed. Usually this works.. most of the 'bad stuff' is up high. However she climbed the computer desk today and decided to cut her hair (and some books). She has actually cut Ellie's hair in front of me before but I caught her before she did much damage. As you can see below, she cut a LOT of it. There was about an inch and a half thick piece on the floor. It almost spikes out from the top of her head and a huge chunk of bangs is missing. The way her colic works, it's very noticeable.


If anyone has any ideas on how to get through the next 6 months of growing that chunk out, let me know. :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute!!!reminds me of my childhood...did the scissors thing while visiting an aunt and uncle, my hair was long, to my waist, and for no reason that I remember, I cut one side only...devastating to my aunt....have loved ALL the pics.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! LOL....I do not know what to do except cut her hair real, real short if it is that bad.....soooo what was her punishment?? LOL....Oh Lindsay, I am still laughing but it is NOT funny!! Does she have pierced ears? If you go real short, she needs that......LOL....LOL....

Hugs.....:-)

Jennifer Aitchison said...

That is the EXACT same spot I gut off my hair while my Mom was in the shower when I was her age. LOL :D
There is a picture somewhere.

I think that is a few weeks you will be able to style it with a barrette and those stretch headbands . It is so common for little girls to do that. You will just have a summer of photos of your little beauty queen and lovingly remember the year she cut her hair.

GREAT photo, by the way.
Love Ya!