Sunday, April 13, 2008

Daily ramblings

Hello loved ones---

I haven't really "written" in awhile so I thought I'd just give a little update on the four of us. Crazy, right? No pictures!?! :)

Derrick is very busy this deployment and apparently the thermometer said 110 yesterday in the *morning* so he is blistering hot. Apparently he has a very dark head and a white body from his wet suit and cami's. ha. that's attractive! For those of you who have never been blessed to see a photo of D over a deployment he and his fellow EOD boys insist on growing thick mustaches during each trip. With his bald head and big thick dark mustache, I have to say he looks like Borat. I'm not a fan of that man, and he knows that thing has got to go before he gets back here. Needless to say Val finds it hilarious, and sometimes scary when she sees Daddy on webcam.

We were trying to work out a week together in May in Kenya but we've had to pull the plug. Apparently the demonstrations keep starting up again and it is just not the best time for me to be traveling alone through the region, or bring our kids into that kind of situation. Bummer.

So to make the most of having two young ones not stuck to a school schedule, we're going to be in the states for the month of May! I'll mainly be staying with my parents, with a few side trips to see friends in St. Louis, Indy, & Chicago. I can't handle going all the way to FL or much farther than the above areas but if you're around, feel free to come see us! I am looking forward to having a little bit of help with the 'terrible two's' as well as a chance to see some old friends that we couldn't get to over xmas with such a short trip.

That's about all that is going on around here. I've been taking lots of photos and enjoying the outdoors as you see below. Valerie has been going to the CDC about twice a week for a couple hours (as she calls it, "school") so that Ellie and I can have some one on one time as well as hit the gym. Val loves school and actually cries when I pick her up. She would rather stay. I apparently also embarrass her as I'm told not to sing in the car and that my music is yucky. nice. I thought I had a few years left.. but ahh well. Atleast my other child still wants to be around me!

Have a fantastic week-- :) Linds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay!

I would love to see you and the kids....:-)....Thanks for the update!! Hugs!

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Really! That would be so cool if you came for a visit. Maybe not as cool as getting to see Kenya though. Sorry that did not work out. I get so nervous now with Benjamin, that would be too much for me to handle.

You.......
ME..............
3 Toddlers.........
Dunes Trail 2 with the May wild flowers blooming!!!!!!!!

Lets make a nature photography date!!!!!
:D
I just got a new lens for my camera.

That story about Derrick's facial hair made me laugh. Last year Colby and his work buddies had a huge contract job and they worked these 50-80 hour weeks for a couple months. They all did that facial hair thing then it turned into giant mustaches. I could not handle it. LOL :D

Grandma Deb/Mom said...

Well, Grandma has to stick her two cents in here, lol!

As far as the part where your two-and-a-half year old is already embarrassed by you, all I can say is, hmmmm.....that seems somehow familiar........

If you girls do the dunes photography thingy, I'd be happy to come along!! That way we'd have one adult per child!!!

(do I seem too desperate????)