Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sicilian countryside.. a photo shoot

I got up early today to find bright sunny skies and gorgeous flowers everywhere as it's been raining a lot lately. I was really wishing I had some great park to take the kids to for the day so I decided to pack up a few sandwiches and drive into the hills. I was driving along and saw this huge field of flowers next to a seemingly abandoned orange grove about a half hour from here and just pulled over and got to shooting! I took lots of pics. Here are a few favorites.

Now be nice.. I am just learning how to fix the lighting and really had some issues since it was *so* bright. Unfortunately there is a shadow in their faces most of the time. ahh well. I wanted to share anyway because the scenary was just gorgeous, and Valerie had such a fantastic time. We had a great day!





7 comments:

Grandma Deb/Mom said...

Wow! Just gorgeous!!!! Yes, Lindsay - God is calling you to be a photographer!!!!

Of course, you have the great fortune of having beautiful subjects to work with, too!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Boy!!!!
You did a Beautiful Job!!!!
Really really LOVELY!!!!
I was just so frustrated about some dumb drama sitting here and I clicked on your page and INSTANT smile and peacefulness came over me. :) Colby too. :)
Your girls are so pretty. It makes me so happy to think of you driving into the hills to explore.
Love, Jen

Unknown said...

Ha hs, I was signed in as Colby but it was really jen....... although Colby is in the room and says Hi too! :D
xoox

Anonymous said...

Well you know I love the wildflower pictures!! LOL...Yes, the girls look beautiful in the field....I had your Uncle Jay in here looking and he said he wanted to go to Sicily....LOL...I was like, lets go!!

Have fun with your new camera....Hugs! :-)

April Stilwell said...

I WANT that camera. I am soo sick of my craptastic Kodak. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe with the rebate money that George W. Bush is so graciously sending our way... I can get a decent camera. :) Love the pics. Love the girls and I can't WAIT to see you guys!!!! We should take the kids to the dunes and take pics!

Karrie said...

Oh, these are beautiful pictures Lindsay! Your girls are beautiful too! I just love Sicily in the springtime. :-)

Your friend,
Karrie

Kristen said...

Hi!

Your pictures are beautiful! The girls are so cute. I hope all is well in Italy :o)