Saturday, March 1, 2008

Backyard Fun

Are you all having a nice weekend? We have had such a busy week of play dates gallore! Valerie got to play with friends every single day last week and I think that definitely made for a better transition into the deployment. We put together our first care package for Derrick this week and she was very excited to paint him a picture to go inside!

We had to cancel our orange picking trip today as Ellie decided to stay up half the night for some reason and therefore an 8 hour excursion with no naps wasn't going to happen. To make up for the loss in photos I thought I'd share our fun today. It is in the 70's out and super sunny! We played in the backyard and got very messy. It was great fun until Valerie decided to dump buckets of water on Ellie and Mama. Guess who was sent upstairs to take an early nap..

Speaking of diva behavior ~ Valerie has started calling me "honey" in almost every sentence this week. How do I stop this?? She's driving me bananas!!
Derrick sends well wishes and after his indoc classes are over and he's settled he will begin to post and upload photos as well. He told me yesterday that he took a yoga class and he thinks his hips are broken. Apparently he wasn't made to move like that. hahahaha.

Lastly, I think we have decided to go to Paris, Belgium, and ending at the Edelweiss resort in Germany for our big trip this summer. My parents are probably going to join us to get some kiddo time in (and let Derrick and I have some date nights!). If anyone has any tips to these areas please send them my way!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Ask me about any of those places...we went to them all. They were all awesome. When you go to Paris you must take the girls to Eurodisney, its great for the kids, there were only two rides in the whole park that Bruin couldn't ride on. Alex will probably tell Derrick all about them. I miss being able to travel so easily.