Friday, March 28, 2008

Conversations with Valerie

When did she grow up? Just a month ago it was almost impossible to have a conversation with Valerie. She has truly learned the art of 'story telling' recently and I am enjoying our little conversations that we have these days. While her behavior has been down right naughty and stubborn at times, her curiosity and questions completely amaze me and make me laugh every day.

Here was our conversation just now before bed time:

L: Valerie it is time for bed. Do you want to take the book upstairs with you?

Val: I read it. Wait for mama. Stay bed now.

L: Yes Valerie, you stay in bed. Do not get out of bed and come downstairs. You need to wait for mommy to come get you.

Val: Mama stay inside. Wait tomorrow. Wait for Valerie outside. Valerie and mommy outside tomorrow. Wagon tomorrow. Park tomorrow. ok momma?

L: Okay Valerie. We will take the wagon to the park tomorrow. Now go to bed please.

Val: Momma door stay shut. Lock door. Momma stay inside. Wait for Valerie. Park with Valerie.

L: Mommy will not go to the park without you, I promise. I love you.

Val. (going upstairs) : Wait Momma. Bye bye. Wait. Valerie to park. night night.

awe.
:)

1 comment:

Grandma Deb/Mom said...

OMG!!!!! No doubt where her mind is at, huh??? I got tears in my eyes from laughing at this. In a way, I'm very relieved that she's finally making conversation, but also feel bad for her - does the poor child lie in bed at night and worry that you're going to leave her or do something fun without her????

Have a glass of wine, Honey!!!! You deserve it!!