Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Random Old Pics

Hi loved ones! I have been so busy getting things done that I haven't been on the computer much. Balance is key and is has been nice to take a break, but I am glad to be doing some updates. I finally uploaded some photos and realized I have pics back from March up until now to share. Here are a small few:

Valerie loved her preschool at the Child Development Center on base in Sicily. One week they celebrated Dr. Seuss week (which is nationally recognized) along with the elementary school. There was a parade, and every one made and wore these special hats. I'm sure you can guess that it's from the Cat in the Hat. She was so proud!

I ran into this one and got teary eyed a bit. It's been over 2 weeks now since Norman's runaway and I don't think he's coming back at this point. When he was only a few months old and a new puppy in my care he ran away for almost two weeks when a phone repair man came to my new apartment in college. He eventually found his way home. At any rate, it's a sweet photo of dear Normie.

Ellie's new love - the bouncy ball with the handle. We were stuck outside for almost 10 hours one day while we had our house cleaned before our inspection. We were so thankful for a warm day!

After we flew back to the States we stayed with my parents for a few days while we worked out getting a new car, having our things delivered to our new home,etc. I caught a happy Valerie blowing bubbles with Grandpa Jeff on a sunny day. Ironically we got 6" of snow a couple days later. How fast the weather changes up here!
Eleanor Lily turned 2 the very next day after we flew in. We were jet lagged but managed to give her a decent birthday at Grandma and Grandpa's. There is a diner in Schereville that has a train ride, model trains, and best of all, you can sit at the counter and a train rides around the track and brings your food to you! Most of you know by now that Ellie's love is currently trains and it was super fun! Afterwards, the gparents took the girls to ride the carosel and play at the mall so Derrick and I could do some birthday shopping. We got her a couple trains and a new Tinkerbell dress up dress (her favorite princess.. she is just newly getting into this with Valerie). We got Valerie an inexpensive generic dress also for being the big sister so they could dress up together.. as Val's were all packed up and wouldn't be there for a few more weeks. A Thomas the Train cake capped off the day and a great, low-key birthday was had by Eleanor. :)


5 comments:

Sarah Lough said...

Cute, cute, cute. Love Ellie's b-day pics. :)
So sorry about Normie. Still hoping he finds your new home again.

Andrea Clayton said...

Adorable! Glad to hear things are going well, but sad for you that Norman is still gone.

April Stilwell said...

can the girls really be this "old"? I can't believe how much Ellie looks like Derrick! Wow!!! When do we get to meet Pepper Powell?? :)

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh man, I love the birthday cake!! And for you to be right down the street from us at the restaurant! We have never ate there, either...LOL... Great pictures as always.....The girls are adorable!!

I too, wished you'd find Norman......So sad.

Jen said...

It looks like Ellie had a great bday even if it was low-key. I'm not planning my for Paige's 3rd birthday this year as it's 1 week before my due date.
We're still working on getting things unpacked and we've been moved in for almost 3 months now! One day at a time :)