Monday, April 6, 2009

Quick update

Hi all--

Since so many asked, no we have not found Norman yet. No one has seen him either. We have contacted shelters, the police, vets,etc. It has been pouring rain so we haven't put up fliars but have been talking to neighbors,etc. Unfortunately he has done this before (twice actually) and no one has ever caught him. He is terrified of strangers, so I highly doubt he is with a family even though my heart wants to believe that. It snowed last night about an inch, so it's pretty gross outside. Poor guy. He does have a name tag with Norman on it, however our phone and address are from Sicily. We had only been here a few days when he left and didn't make it to petsmart yet. Kilah now has new tags! :)

He is microchipped also, so we shall see.

On a positive note, we are settling in well and got the rest of our things today so I am back online! This week we are busily trying to unpack and finish painting. Derrick goes back to work in a little over a week so we are trying to get the bulk of the work done now because I am definitely feeling my pregnancy at this point. I'm about 7 months now, only a short time left.. and am absolutely exhausted by dinner time! I'm not much help these days :)

Will write soon.. trying to get settled. Hope all is well!!!

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

You know us animal lovers.....:-)

Just keep looking all over.....I will keep him in my prayers and thoughts....I can only imagine how he feels....I guess if he is scared of other people it is up to you guys to find HIM then, huh? I really hope you do.....Hugs!!!! Being PG and all.....at least Derrick is off to do the running and looking....

Just recently, like a month ago, my nephew and his wife's, min pin got out of her parents fenced yard.....she was gone for almost a week, and they found her hiding in a fenced business and they had to break in to get her, as she was to scared to even come to them....and it was way colder andshe did lose weight.....no tags on her and not chipped....that all has changed....Sooooooo, there is hope!!

Glad everything else is going good......take care of yourself, and hug the girls for me.....:-)

Thanks for the update.....I hope for the best! :-)

Anonymous said...

Kathy expressed my sentiments so well.....PLEASE keep looking for Norman ......the little guy must be terrified ......dont give up the search ....love you...grandma june

Lindsay said...

Yeah, we will see. When he was a puppy he ran straight through the screen door of my college town house when the phone guy came in to install my phone jack.. he was gone for 2 weeks and randomly showed back up at my door step. No one had seen him then either, I had flyers,etc. Then again in TX, I think we left the fence open on accident and he was gone for another week or so. I happened to drive down a back road and just see him walking down the street and got him that way.

So it's random. We'll see. Unfortunately we are so busy since we moved from another country that every thing has to be changed (phones, license plates, finding val a preschool, insurance changes, etc.) and we have this last week to do it. It is warmer luckily, hopefully he will turn up. Thanks for the prayers!!

Aunt Kathy said...

I want to say Happy Easter!!

Also looking to see if Norman surfaced.....:-(