Saturday, August 23, 2008

a break from regularly scheduled programming...

I'm sorry I haven't finished the Rome pics yet. The post is written but the pics are on D's computer.. and well.. I'm still waiting for him to give me pics from his deployment. I will try this evening. ;)

So I thought I'd share our day today. It was really hot and humid out today and we weren't in the mood to do anything around here because of it. I suggested we go up to Mt. Etna where it's cooler. The north side of the hill has beautiful pine trees and it's about 15 degrees cooler up there! I decided to also bring the camera and we got a couple of decent shots. I just wanted to scope it out because I may try to get some xmas pics up there when the snow falls or it's atleast cold enough to wear cute hats. We had a fun time. We may go again soon and bring a picnic next time! (and obviously we don't hike in dresses.. that was just for pics!)

Derrick goes back to work on Monday and our schedule is filling up quickly with Val starting preschool, hopefully ballet; I'm leading a bible study and so forth! We should have news in the next couple days about our next move! It seems to be coming much sooner than planned!!!










I took a bunch of tutu pics but forgot a shirt for Val.. don't want to post her nudy on the internet with weirdos out there. I will post ellie's later and add Val's after we go back next week. They came out super cute.. sort of like a woodland fairy or something!

No comments: