Friday, October 17, 2008

You've been Tagged

Wow. I've been "tagged" 2x this week! I'm behind. April tagged me first to name 6 random things about myself, and Missy tagged me next to name 7 plus tag others. I'm going to follow both in one post.. so get ready. You may have to sit down for this.

1. I am double jointed, I suppose. I can move just the tips of my fingers and lock my knuckles. It freaks my husband out, love that.

2. I am a total girly girl. Some wouldn't know that since I live with a manly man these days. However I must drink coffee out of my pink coffee mug every day and love my pink heart key chain, and pink polka dot scarf tied onto my purse.

3. My secret dream is to be in a show on Broadway. I don't have the voice, the stage presence, or the location but it's the random dream you never really chase.

4. I absolutely love to cook. I spend time every day reading recipes, cookbooks, or food blogs. I rarely make the same recipe twice in a 4 month period unless we can't wait to eat it again! This did not used to be so. When we got married I probably made 3-4 things, no joke. I guess that is what living in a country with no take out does to ya!

5. Since moving here, I've become a pottery collector. I buy something every time I go to the market and have plans to buy more before we leave. It's the best souvenir from Italy, IMO.

6. I like kid cereals. Derrick eats Fiber One or something gross, but I still like my Lucky Charms or currently, PB Captain Crunch!
-----------------
7. I love big storms. They fascinate me and I have been known to stand outside during tornado warnings to look for tornados. I would totally be out there with my camera.

8. I know how to sew but hate doing it. There are atleast 6-7 things sitting on my sewing machine that need to be fixed.

9. After only spending 9 days in person with my future husband, I packed up my stuff and moved across the country from Indiana to Texas to live with him. We met while visiting April on Spring Break (for those who haven't known me very long) and just talked on the phone for hours, one weekend visit, and 2 months later I was down there with no looking back! It's been almost 5 years so I think that was a good decision, although I'm sure my parents will tell you they thought I was insane. They met him the day I left in the uhaul!

10. My favorite city in the world is Chicago. Even after traveling to several in Europe. I would give my left arm for a piece of deep dish Chicago pizza right now. mmmmm

11. Speaking of travels, in the last 2 years I have been all over Sicily, Naples, Sorrento, Rome, Venice, Sienna, Cinque Terre, Austria, Garmisch, Munich, Barcelona, Nice, Merseilles. I feel like there's more. We still really want to see Ireland/Scotland and Paris but it's going to depend on when our orders show up.

12. In Derrick's words I drink, "cream with a little bit of coffee in it." every morning before I'm functional.

13. Every time we go out to eat in Sicily I have bruschetta as my antipasti. I judge restaurants on how good theirs is (can't be soggy, you know..) :)

I tag:
Anyone who reads this who wants to. :) Kids are up now! gotta go!

1 comment:

Deb Coe said...

oh, this is awesome!!! Of course, being your mom, I knew most of these things - but some of them are like looking in a mirror (especially the pile of sewing, the double-jointed fingers - eww!!).

We were just in Bloomington last Saturday and ate at the spot where we first had a meal (and a beer with Derrick on the day that you moved to Texas). It wasn't one of my favorite days, that's for sure -but your Dad and I are SO glad you two met!!!!!

You didn't mention one important identifying trait about you: your love of ice cream!!!! LOL

Love you!