Thursday, January 24, 2008

Every girl needs a tutu...

Several months ago (think pre-Halloween) my mom ran out to the store for me to get a bunch of tulle for me so that I could make the girls each a tutu. I have basically put it off for fear of ruining it! Today I decided to go ahead and make it while Ellie is standing but not yet running away so I can get some great photos of the girls out with the beautiful flowers (a perk of living in Sicily!!)

Photoshoot to come-- but thought I'd share the tutu! If you want to make it.. simply take some elastic (about 1/2" thick) and wrap it around your kiddo's waist. You want to pull it a little bit so it's stretched. I literally just stapled it several times (once off the kid!) to hold it in place. You can sew it if you want.. but the tulle will totally cover it and it held up to my strength! Next cut about 6" strips of tulle to the length you want, double it so you can fold and tie to the elastic. I literally just tied each chunk on and it was a new sew project! Val just tried it on-- here's the finished product for Valerie and the model testing it out. We'll head out when the weather is nice for some pretty pics somewhere!
after all.. every girl deserves to spend some point in her life in a tutu.. right??


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!

I think Colby would have a fit if I made one for Benjamin. LOL :D Your girls are so frikin CUTE!

Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Just a test, I am having trouble posting...Thanks!