Monday, January 28, 2008

Day trip to Taormina

Hello loved ones!
It was beautiful here this weekend! We decided to take advantage of the weather and destress after a crazy week by heading up the coast to Taormina. Lindsay has been here about six times already but Derrick only once when we first moved to the island. Taormina is a small touristy town up high on the rocks, hanging over the ocean. The water below is crystal blue and the town is extremely clean and charming! Our favorite thing to do is try the different flavors of gelato. Valerie always has strawberry :) I don't have too many pics of the town itself unfortunately because my camera died after we got there! grrrr!!

On our way out we got stuck by a heard of sheep. Mt. Etna was so clear today so we thought we'd share the scenary.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!! :-)

First, did you get an e-mail from me, Lindsay? It's not like you to not reply....LOL..

Second, I love the picture's! Boy, they are breathtaking!!

Hug/kiss the kids for me!! :-)

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Beautiful Photos!

I want to chase those sheep down the road....... how fun is that! Beautiful!