Friday, March 13, 2009

Nursery/Kid Inspiration Photos

One of my favorite things to do over a cup of coffee in the morning lately is to just browse home decorating sites/photos for ideas. I've been collecting photos for inspiration for several years, I guess I get that from my mom ;) I know many of my friends have either just moved, or are about to move (that's military life, right?), I thought I'd share some of my favorites! Sometimes it helps just to see an idea and then you can run with it! :) The best part of moving is getting to start all over again! :) These photos are just in order of how they're saved in my folder, not by preference.

I love the molding/structure of this room!

We are probably going to do a pink/brown theme in one of the girls' rooms. I can't decide if I like the walls brown or not, but it is certainly very soothing.

I love these scallops from PBK site. However, how do you do it so they are all even?

We are really leaning towards something like this for Madeline's nursery since she only has a white bedskirt for her crib with tiny pink, green, yellow,etc. flowers on it. I don't do the bumper, quilt, or any of that jazz.. and it's so soothing but gets away from the traditional pink for girls!

Another cute scallop idea from PBK.. again how do you paint it though? I like how it divides the colors without needing a chair rail.

I just love the "tacky" chandelier in this room.. perfect for a little girl yet too much for any adult!

I love this boy's nursery. I love that the bedding is full of solids and the stripes are just enough. I may do stripes in the play room like this with different colors. Super adorable.
This vine is beautiful and a lot like what I did in Val's room here, but I like how it separates the color which mine did not.

Another super cute boy's nursery. I love how the stripes only go halfway up and then there's something different, but the colors in the patterns are subtle enough that it works.

No comments: