Monday, May 19, 2008

Quick update

Ciao!!!!

We are still in the states for another week or so, depending on the whole military flight situation. Now that I have to pay for an adult fare for Valerie it is no longer worth it to shell out the cash for a commercial fare so we will duke it out in Norfolk next week and pray to get a flight. Wish us luck!!

The girls are doing so well since being home. Valerie is laughing constantly and enjoying all of the constant attention and activity which is almost a direct opposite of life in Sicily! Ellie is *running* now and just since coming here at the beg. of May has probably said about 15-20 words. I was a bit worried, as some of you know, because at her 12 month appointment she had only said, "mama" and they told me to come back at 15 if she wasn't saying any thing else. However I think it was more that I couldn't hear her because she is overshadowed by her big sister. Ellie is starting to create her own interests and you can see a divide between the girls' choices in foods, toys, etc. Anyone who has seen them recently knows that they are truly complete opposites to the last degree!

We have been to Chicago a couple times, eaten more delicious food than I can describe, been to 2 zoos, and another one tmrw.. as well as just returning from almost a week in St. Louis to see friends! We are just loving it and will be very sad to leave next week. Luckily it will be a short time until Derrick returns and we can be a family again. Everyone keeps telling me how fast it's going but quite frankly, it is like watching paint dry to me. This has by far been the hardest deployment and I am sure it is because Valerie is now aware of it. She has been having a hard time, even here, but talking on the phone to Daddy really helps when possible!!

I am going to head off for now. I have taken a ridiculous amount of photos, including a pretty much failed shoot at the Dunes/lakeshore yesterday afternoon due to dropping temps and wind! eeek. Valerie had a great time playing in the sand though! :) Even if we were in sweatshirts and needing gloves. he he.

Take care!! Will post pics/update when I return!

Linds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What the heck!! I didn't remember/forgot/or whatever, that you were coming home, but sheesh......I want to see you guys before you leave.....Kiss the kids for me!